Fairmont State University’s Academy for the Arts began its fall 2022 classes on Monday, September 5. Academy for the Arts offers students opportunities to explore and build skills in the performing and visual arts. Serving grades K-12, classes are offered in various subjects at convenient times to meet the needs of parents and children.
The Academy for the Arts offers discounts for multiple classes, multi-family member enrollment, and scholarships.
"We're excited to offer so many new classes this Fall. In addition to our exceptional school-aged classes, we have adult classes in painting, steel drums, and tap dance. We also have a music and movement class for babies and toddlers," said Director of Performing Arts, Outreach and Development Leigh Anne Riley. "The Academy utilizes Fairmont State facilities. Our highly qualified instructors are drawn from Fairmont State faculty, staff, and area teachers. Our classes cover areas of musical theatre, acting, improv, dance, voice, and more."
The 2022 Academy for the Arts summer camps include:
- Opening Act: An Intro to Acting and Dance for the Stage, Grades K-2
- Academy Musical Theatre Intensive, Grades 3-12
- Sweet Child of Mine, Age 6 weeks – 4 years with caregiver
- Kid-Prov Jr, Grades 3-6Kid Prov Senior, Grades 7-12
- Let's Get Ready to Act! Grades K-2
- Pantastic! Steel Drum Ensemble, Grade 9 - Adult
- Shuffle, Hop, Step! Beginner Tap, Grades K-2
- Time Steps, Buffalos, and More! Intermediate Tap, Grades 3-5
- To Tap or Not to Tap! Adult Tap, 18+
- Character Design and Digital Art, Grades 3-12
- Introduction To Watercolor Painting, Ages 13-Adult
In addition to classes, the Fairmont State Academy for the Arts offers private lessons for ages 5-adult in the visual arts, acting, and music (all instruments and voice), year-round through the music, theater, and visual arts preparatory programs.
Fairmont State and the Academy for the Arts look forward to welcoming youth and adults to Wallman Hall this Fall. Register for classes today at fairmontstate.edu/collegeofliberalarts/academy-arts.
For questions, contact:
Leigh Anne Riley
Director of Performing Arts Outreach & Development