Premier Academic Scholarship Application Now Open
Fairmont State has begun its annual search for the best and brightest West Virginians in the class of 2023. The Charles J. McClain Scholarship is the University’s most competitive scholarship program and awards three McClain Scholars tuition and fees, room and board for on-campus students, and a $500 per semester book scholarship for the on-campus Bound for Success Bookstore.
“The Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship provides academic excelling West Virginia students the opportunity to attend Fairmont State University at no cost,” said Fairmont State University Assistant Vice President for Student Success, Tresa Weimer. “This is a wonderful opportunity for those phenomenal students.”
To be a candidate for the Charles J. McClain Scholarship students must:
- Be a West Virginia student who is a member of the class of 2023.
- Be a PROMISE Scholarship recipient.
- Submit a completed Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship application and essay.
- Complete their admissions file (general application, high school transcript, test scores) prior to deadline.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Have ACT composite of 26 or higher or 1260 SAT total score.
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
Additionally, first year recipients must maintain an overall GPA of a 2.75 at the end of their first year. An overall GPA of 3.0 is required for renewal during subsequent years. A minimum of 30 credit hours must be obtained each year of enrollment for renewal. The Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship can only be awarded up to eight semesters.
To learn more and apply for the Charles J. McClain Scholarship visit www.FairmontState.edu/premier. The application is now live and will remain open until February 1, 2023.Charles J. McClain Scholarshippresidential scholarshipTresa Weimer