Fairmont State announces Commencement traffic pattern changes on campus
Fairmont State University will honor graduates during the University’s 153rd Commencement in the Feaster Center. A special student athlete ceremony and Fairmont State Alumni Golden Jubilee Celebration for the Class of 1972 will take place on Friday, April 29, followed by five separate ceremonies to honor graduates from each college Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1.
The Department of Public Safety and Physical Plant will re-route traffic Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1, allowing vehicles to enter campus only from the Squibb Wilson Boulevard entrance to ensure smooth traffic patterns. Officers and other attendants will be on hand to direct traffic and answer parking questions. Shuttle services will be available on campus, beginning pick-ups one hour prior to each ceremony.
All graduates, university guests and the community should expect traffic pattern and parking changes on and surrounding campus areas. Those attending Commencement exercises are asked to remain patient when arriving on campus, as multiple ceremonies will be occurring on Saturday and Sunday. Guests and graduates should consider carpooling when possible.
The University’s spring Commencement ceremonies will take place as follows:
Friday, April 29:
- 6 p.m. – Special Student Athlete Ceremony and Golden Jubilee Celebration for the Class of 1972 – Commencement address provided by Fairmont State Foundation President, Gary K. Bennett
Saturday, April 30:
- 9 a.m. – College of Nursing Commencement and Pinning Ceremony – Commencement address provided by West Virginia Secretary of State, the Honorable Mac Warner
- Noon – College of Education, Health & Human Performance and Regents Bachelor of Arts – Commencement address provided by Secretary Warner
- 3 p.m. – College of Liberal Arts – Commencement address provided by West Virginia Governor, Jim Justice
Sunday, May 1:
- Noon – College of Science & Technology – Commencement address provided by Assistant Adjutant General and Special Assistant to the Director of the Air National Guard for Diversity and Inclusion, Brigadier General Christopher S. Walker
- 3 p.m. – College of Business & Aviation – Commencement address provided by Brigadier General Walker
Spring Commencement ceremonies will be open to all guests and tickets will not be issued for entry. Masks are strongly encouraged to be worn by all guests during the ceremonies.Those unable to attend may join virtually to view in real-time via an event livestream, available at www.fairmontstate.edu/153rd-commencement.
“We are grateful and excited for the opportunity to gather in celebration of our Falcon graduates,” said Fairmont State University President, Mirta M. Martin. “These students overcame unprecedented challenges and thrived throughout the pandemic, and we look forward to honoring their resiliency and gathering together with their loved ones and our Falcon Family to celebrate their achievements.”
Commencement details will continue to be available at www.fairmontstate.edu/commencement.Spring Commencement153rd CommencementMirta Martin