New, current, and prospective students can use the transfer equivalency tool to help best guide them with coursework that they may want to take or have already taken at other institutions and see how it may apply to their program at Fairmont State University. Students may also build a “shopping list” of courses to see how their courses may transfer.
- Course equivalencies in TES should be considered unofficial and they do not guarantee
that transfer credit will be awarded. However, courses listed in the TES database
are reviewed by Fairmont State faculty/staff based on course descriptions/syllabi
and updated bi-annually.
- Effort has been made to provide accurate and current information, but decisions regarding course equivalency is subject to change without notice.
- Not all courses at other institutions have been evaluated and therefore may not be listed.
- Fairmont State University only reviews transferable credit from accredited institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for acceptance as credit in our academic programs. The most current listing of sanctioned accrediting bodies can be found on the Department of Education website.
- The registrar’s office and/or the respective academic departments will make final determination of transfer credit acceptance only after students are admitted and only after official transcripts have been received.
- Transcripts from outside the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation to be sent to Fairmont State University from one of the credentialing services listed here.
- If you have questions about the transfer evaluation process, please email email@example.com