ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
To be considered for Undergraduate Admission, an applicant from abroad must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Applicant must have completed a satisfactory program of secondary school studies equivalent to an American high school. An officially certified English translation of high school transcripts or college transcripts, if applicable, must accompany applications. In cases where high school graduation is expected after the application deadline for admission, acceptance at Fairmont State would be given to the prospective student with the understanding that the student successfully complete the necessary academic requirements and submit proof of graduation. Photo copies will not be accepted.
Please Note: students who have attended high school, colleges or universities outside the United States will need to use (WES) to complete the credential evaluation of all academic work completed. Transfer applicants should request a “course-by-course” International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). High school transcripts are not required for transfer students having a 2.0 grade point average and at least 24 hours of completed coursework. Freshman applicants should request a “document-by-document” ICAP evaluation. ICAP evaluations include WES certified copies of official documents.
2. For undergraduate studies, the applicant must have Official English proficiency scores (TOEFL Internet Based of 61, TOEIC of 785 or IELTS of 6.0) if your native language is not English. Online English courses cannot be accepted in place of these scores. Official scores or certified copies must be submitted to:
INSTITUTION: Fairmont State University
ADDRESS: 1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554-2470, USA
INSTITUTION CODE: 5211
You may also call, fax, or send us an electronic mail message:
Phone: (304) 367-4141
Fax: (304) 367-4789
3. Applicant must submit Proof of financial support for first academic year (must be in U.S. dollar format and translated to English)
4. Sponsor Affidavit Form
5. Color Copy of Passport
6. Proof of health insurance coverage
7. Proof of inoculations against measles, mumps, and rubella
8. Transfer eligibility form, if applicable
9. If applying for a Dependent I-20, the following must be received.
10. Applicant must submit a request for campus housing. A room deposit will be required upon notification of admission.
11. Applicant must sign all forms and submit a completed application for admission with all supporting documentation postmarked no later than:
All forms and documentation may be sent by airmail to:
Fairmont State University
Office of Admissions
1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554-2470 USA
Applicant must use the same complete official name from his/her passport and visa with identical spelling on all forms.
Upon receipt of all required forms and documents, the Admissions Office will review the application materials and will make admission decisions. If admission is offered, the university will send U.S. government documents necessary to apply for the appropriate visa.
International applicants may apply for one of the following Graduate Programs:
To be considered for Graduate Admission, an applicant from abroad must satisfy the following requirements in addition to general admission requirements:
1. Applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree. Your foreign transcript must be evaluated and translated by World Education Services (WES) at www.wes.org .
2. For graduate studies, the applicant must have achieved a minimum score of 550 (paper based)/79 (internet based) TOEFL score.