Fairmont State University Academy for the Arts announces summer camp lineups
Fairmont State University Academy for the Arts announces a robust lineup of summer camps for the 2023 summer season.
The Academy for the Arts summer camps offers students opportunities to explore and build skills in the performing arts. Summer camps serve grades K-Adult learners and are offered in various subjects at convenient times to meet the needs of parents and children.
"We're excited to offer so many opportunities for expanding skills, exploration, and fun this summer," says Director of Performing Arts, Outreach, and Development Leigh Anne Riley. There are many camps available for young children to high-school-aged students, which utilize the top-notch facilities of Fairmont State. The highly qualified instructors are drawn from Fairmont State faculty, staff, and area teachers, ensuring campers receive the best possible instruction. These camps cover musical theatre, acting, improv, dance, singing, and more. It's a great way to learn new skills and have fun at the same time."
The 2023 Academy for the Arts summer camps include:
- Go, Go, Go Show! (Exploring the "Technicolor" World of Theatre Production)
- For rising 3rd-12th graders, June 19 – 22, 3 - 5 p.m.
- "PK and Parent" Acting and Dance!
- Ages 3-5 plus one parent or caregiver, Mondays, June 19 and 26, July 10 and 17, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Period Acting and Dance (For the Experienced Young Performer)
- Recommended for students with previous acting experience, Rising 4th-12th graders, June 26 – 29, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Ballet Basics: Building a Foundation
- Rising 3rd - 12th graders, July 10 – 13, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Play in a Day!
- Rising 3rd - 12th graders, July 24 - 26th, 3 - 5 p.m.
- Showstopper: Choreographer's Edition
- Rising 3rd - 12th graders, July 31- August 3rd, 3 - 5 p.m.
- To Tap or Not to Tap! Adult Tap
- 18+, July 10 – 12, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Families that Tap Together Stay Together!
- Ages 8-Adult, July 24-26, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Mix Media Art Camp
- Middle School and High School students (5th-12th graders), June 12th-16th, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Color Guard One-Day Workshops
- Grade 9 and above
- Flag Basics, Saturday, July 1st, 4 - 6 p.m.
- Flag Routine, Saturday, July 8th, 4 - 6 p.m.
- Weapon Routine, Saturday, July 15th, 4 - 6 p.m.
- Intro to Improv
- Grades 3-6, June 26 - June 30, Monday – Friday, 5 - 5:55 p.m.
- Team Improv Boot Camp
- Grades 7th-12th, July 17-21, Monday – Friday, 5 - 5:55 p.m.
- For previous members of Team Kid-Prov and students who have taken an improv camp/class within the past year.
- Intro to Improv
- Grades 7-12, July 10 – 14, Monday – Friday, 5 - 5:55 p.m.
- Broadway Babies
- Grades Kindergarten-2nd, July 10-14, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Broadway Bound
- Grades 3rd-5th, July 10 – 14, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
In addition to camps, the Fairmont State Academy for the Arts offers classes, private visual art, music, singing, acting, and performance lessons year-round through the music, theater, and visual arts preparatory programs.
Fairmont State and the Academy for the Arts look forward to welcoming children and youth to one of the many in-person summer camp programs. Find more information on the Academy for the Arts page.
For questions, contact:
Leigh Anne Riley
Director of Performing Arts Outreach & Development