Skip To Top Navigation Skip To Content Skip To Footer
Transferring in/out Impact

Transferring in/out

Transferring Into Fairmont State University

Fairmont State University welcomes applications from students who are currently attending other Universities. Please follow the admission guidelines for the program you are applying to. Once you have been admitted we will need to have a Transfer Eligibility Form completed prior to processing your transfer I-20. This is so that your current University can review your international record and ‘release’ you in SEVIS to Fairmont State University. Once this occurs then we are able to process your transfer to Fairmont State University.

Fairmont State University only reviews transferable credit from regionally accredited institutions and institutions with national accreditation that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for acceptance as credit in our academic programs. The most current listing of sanctioned accrediting bodies can be found at

Please be sure to contact, or a representative in Turley Student Services if you have questions regarding this process.

Transferring Out

The Turley Student Services Office can assist you with transferring your SEVIS record to your next US institution. You will first want to contact the International Office of your new school to see what the process is to transfer your record from Fairmont State University. Most schools will require you to have a student Transfer Out Form completed by Fairmont State University. Once you receive this form – please make an appointment to have your transfer reviewed and processed by Fairmont State University.