The Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship is Fairmont State’s premier academic scholarship. This competitive scholarship includes tuition and fees, room and board for on-campus students, and a $500/per semester book scholarship for the on-campus Bound for Success Bookstore.
To compete for this scholarship you must:
- Be a West Virginia student who is a member of the class of 2024.
- Be a PROMISE Scholarship recipient.
- Submit a completed Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship application and essay.
- Complete your admissions file (general application, high school transcript, test scores) prior to deadline.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Have ACT composite of 26 or higher or 1190 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math scores taken prior to March 2016) or 1260 SAT total score (taken March 2016 and after).
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
First year recipients must maintain an overall GPA of a 2.75 at the end of their first year. An overall GPA of 3.0 is required for renewal during subsequent years. A minimum of 30 credit hours must be obtained each year of enrollment for renewal. The Charles J. McClain Presidential Scholarship can only be awarded up to eight semesters.