Important information you need to know.
Completing your FAFSA should be relatively straightforward. If you have questions,
don't hesitate to contact Financial Aid Services at FinancialAid@FairmontState.edu.
You'll need the Fairmont State University School Code to complete your FAFSA. The
code is 003812.
The process for filling out your FAFSA begins by creating an FSA ID on the Office of Student Aid website. This will let you save your application and sign electronically. You will also need
the following information to complete your FAFSA:
- Your Social Security Number
- If you aren't a U.S. citizen, you will need your Alien Registration Number
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned.
- Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using
the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information
for your parent(s).
- Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
- Fairmont State University's priority deadline is March 1st.
- State deadlines:
- Promise Scholarship Deadline: March 1st
- West Virginia Higher Education Grant Deadline: April 15th
If you are admitted to Fairmont State University as a freshman and successfully apply
for aid, you should begin receiving your award packages in December. If you're a returning
student, you will begin receiving award packages in May, as long as your application
is complete and you are making satisfactory academic progress.