Once you have carefully reviewed the award package information, you must respond to the award package within 30 days from the post mark date of the award notification. Failure to respond to the offer could result in an aid package being cancelled. Due to some funding limitations, most awards cannot be reinstated after being cancelled or declined.
All students must accept or decline their award(s) online at myFairmontState.edu by following the necessary steps:
- Log into myFairmontState
- Select FELiX
- Select ‘Student and Financial Aid’
- Select ‘Financial Aid’
- Select 'Award'
- Select 'Award for Aid Year'
- Select Aid Year
- Select 'Accept Award Offer' tab
- Make decision on the aid offer
NOTE: Aid listed as estimated or pending cannot be accepted via FELiX.
- Parents who are interested in applying for the Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) must complete an application at studentloans.gov after May 1st.
- Graduate students who are interested in applying for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan must complete an application at studentloans.gov after May 1st.
NOTE: Failure to accept or decline all funds may cause a delay in timely disbursements being made to your student account and any refunds expected to cover additional college costs.