(1) The Federal Education Right to Privacy Act or FERPA protects you, the student from disclosure of private information once you reach 18 years of age or attend a post-secondary institution. Rights that formerly belonged to your parents are now transferred to you. Some are these are the right to have access to your education records, control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your records, and other similar rights. Additional information on FERPA rights can be found in several places. The links below will assist you in understanding your rights.
Fairmont State’s policy regarding FERPA – Page 8 of 2013-2014 Catalog
Per regulations, we notify you of your FERPA rights at the beginning of each Academic Year. Notices are posted under Announcements on your myCampus portal. Paper copies available upon request.
(3) Student Financial Aid Information: Prospective and Enrolled students
(4) Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations. This information is emailed directly to students.
(5) Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
(6) Price of Attendance
(7) Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Title IV Financial Aid
(8) Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty) Academic Catalog
(9) Transfer of Credit Policies
(10) Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
(11) Student Body Diversity
(12) Net Price Calculator
(13) Textbook Information
(14) Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
(17) Vaccinations Policies
(18) Alcohol and Drug Education
(19) Notice of Security Report including Crime Log, Emergency Response, Fire Safety, and Timely Warnings
A notice is sent to each enrolled student annually. Copies of the report may be obtained in person from the Department of Public Safety, third floor, Falcon Center, (304) 367-4157.
(20) Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data(Equity in Athletics
(21) Retention Rate
(23) Graduation Rates for Students receiving Athletically Related Student Aid
(24) Job Placement Rates and Placement in Employment: Not Applicable since Fairmont State does not calculate job placement rates.
(25) Types of Graduate and Professional Education in which the Institution's Graduates Enroll: Not Applicable since Fairmont State does not calculate job placement rates.