This process is to be used for concerns about disability accommodations. This includes concerns regarding delivery of classroom and testing accommodations. Academic issues separate from accommodations are to be resolved with the instructor and/or the appropriate immediate supervisor.
- The accommodation-related concern should be filed in writing and contain the name(s) of the faculty/staff involved and the nature of the complaint within 30 (thirty) days of the alleged violation. (See form)
- The student should make an appointment with the Accessibility Services Coordinator to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions.
- If the student has not registered with the Office of Accessibility Services and documentation of the student's disability has not been received, or the student has not provided the instructor in question with an accommodation letter, no further action will be taken.
- The Accessibility Services Coordinator will review the complaint and any documentation related to the complaint and respond to the student in writing within 30 (thirty) days of receiving the complaint.
- Any timeliness established in these procedures may be waived by mutual written consent.
** NOTE: Nothing in this procedure prevents individuals who believe that they have a grievance under the ADA from contacting the West Virginia Human Rights Commission, Equal Opportunity Commission or the U.S. Department of Justice.