FSU/PDS Partnership Governance Structure
Characteristics of the Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee is a standing body, not an ad hoc group assembled for specific projects.
- The Executive Committee is assembled by the partnership director and will be a representative group consisting of SoE faculty, Arts and Sciences faculty, principals, and site coordinators. If possible all six counties will be represented and each developmental level (elementary, middle and high).
- The Executive Committee will meet periodically, as much as three times per semester or as infrequently as once per semester.
Functions of the Executive Committee
Examine important issues facing the partnership.
- If the Executive Committee does not reach consensus on a matter, the final decision will remain with the Partnership Director.
- The Executive Committee gives input on the budget each year in advance of its submission to the WV Department of Education and Arts.
- Continually assess and revise accordingly, the performance of the Partnership with respect to communication, decision-making, and sharing ideas.
- Undertake discussions as to the goals and future of the Partnership.
- Develop and implement a strategy for involvement of all stakeholders, including but not limited to County Superintendents, Boards of Education, Deans, FSU President and Provost, etc.