The Fairmont State University ASN graduate will be able to:
- Provide patient-centered care to patients in response to their changing health needs.
- Advocate for patients in ways to promote their self-determination and ongoing growth.
- Apply evidence-based practice and clinical judgment in the provision of patient-centered care.
- Use the nursing process, information management systems, teamwork, and inter-professional collaboration to provide safe, effective, quality care aimed at promoting the patients’ health.
- Provide compassionate patient-centered care through roles of care provider, manager, educator, leader, and advocate.
- Communicate professionally and collaboratively with patients and members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice and lifelong learning.
- Integrate current best practices to deliver safe and effective patient-centered care aimed at improving quality of care and care outcomes.