What is the NEST?
The overall mission of the NEST to provide Fairmont State University students in need with essential resources such as food and hygiene products. The NEST is located on the second floor of the Falcon Center (also known as Main Street), and is situated next to the Student Government Association Office next to the Falcon Commons entrance. We do ask that you bring a valid student ID with you when you visit.
What is available in the NEST?
The NEST carries canned foods, boxed meals, and grab n' go snack items for students to take home, as well as hygiene products such as toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, and soap.
Who can use the NEST?
Any Fairmont State University student with a valid student ID.
What time is the NEST open?
The hours of operation vary from semester to semester. The hours will be posted right outside of the NEST as well as on all of the monitors in the Falcon Center.
The current hours for Fall 2020 are coming soon:
* These hours are subject to change.
Interested in donating?
We are always more than happy to take donations. We do ask that all donations be non-perishable items, and all cans must be flip-tops.Nest Flier (PDF)
Three ways to donate:
1) Drop off items in the NEST when it's open.
2) Drop off items at the reception desk when the building is open.
3) Or online via Amazon
If we are closed, please don't skip a mealconsider visiting these local food banks.
consider visiting these local food banks.
Mannington Food Pantry: 304-592-3345
Soup Opera: 304-367-1098
North Central Community Action: 304-363-6712
Shepherd’s Love Food Pantry: 304-278-7561
Marion County: 304-366-4550
Monongalia and Preston Counties: 304-296-7525
Harrison, Doddridge, and Taylor Counties: 304-624-6337
Marion County: 304-363-4882
Monongalia County: 304-296-3300
Harrison County: 304-623-6681
Special thanks to those who have donated:
- The Fairmont State University Alumni Center
- The Women's Club of Fairmont
- Fairmont Credit Union
- Fairmont State University Student Organizations
- Recipient of the Food Wars drive, sponsored by the Times West Virginian
- Gateway United Methodist Church Women's Group
- South Fairmont Rotary
- Knights of Columbus Women's Auxiliary
- University Employees: Cindy Curry, Summer Boggess