As overseers of public and work places strive to meet safety guidelines, our students are leading their efforts.
The Fairmont State University Occupational Safety program curriculum is designed around the areas required for to meet safety necessities.
Occupational Safety students can expect to study:
- Safety and environmental composition of industry
- Safety management and concepts in accident prevention
- Safety law and compliance
- Construction safety and law
- Industrial hygiene and toxicology
- Fire prevention
Fairmont State offers both a 2 year and 4 year degree in Occupational Safety. No matter which path students choose, they can expect to have a course of study that includes math, chemistry, physics, human anatomy, statistics, speech, written composition and psychology courses.
Laboratory activities enhance the learning process through hands-on projects.
Emphasis on ergonomics, hazardous waste, accident costs, worker’s compensation, regulatory compliance and health hazard control makes Occupational Safety students perfect candidates for industry positions like:
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician
- Agricultural Inspector
- Fire Inspector
- Building Inspector