Welcome to Counseling Services
The primary mission of Counseling Services is to assist Fairmont State students in defining and accomplishing personal, academic, and career goals. To accomplish the mission, Counseling Services strive for high-quality provision of:
- Individual and group counseling services to students who may be experiencing psychological, behavioral, or learning difficulties.
- Programming focused on the developmental needs of students to maximize their potential to benefit from the academic environment and experience.
- Consultative services to the institution to help foster an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical development of students.
- Advocacy for a healthy and diverse learning community.
- Assessment services to identify and address student needs through appropriate services and referrals.
- Crisis response, including threat assessment.
Counseling Services provides assessment, supportive and psycho-educational counseling, brief psychotherapy, workshops, consultation, and referrals as appropriate to Fairmont State students.
Counseling Services are available to students only – employees, please contact our Employee Assistance Program for free and confidential counseling. Information regarding this service can be found in the employee handbook (page 24).