The mission of the Fairmont State University Academic Advising Center is to assist students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are compatible with their life goals.
Fulfilling Our Mission
We fulfill our mission by:
- Empowering students so that they are able to overcome any obstacles to attain their personal academic goals
- Providing accurate information to students for completion of degree requirements and academic standards in a timely and efficient manner
- Serving as a connector for the student to the myriad of services and support systems available
The purpose of the Academic Advising Center is to provide undeclared students with comprehensive advising as well as interpersonal professional support. A concerted effort is made to address any academic concerns that may impede the student’s successful completion of degree requirements and to assist the student in the selection of an academic program.
- Formalized advisor-advisee conferences scheduled by appointment throughout the semester for undeclared students.
- Academic assistance and guidance on a drop-in basis for students with general advising concerns or questions.
- Summer advising of all new students, transfers, and readmitted students.
- Freshman Seminar (HUSV 1100) class offered each semester to assist first-year students in developing the skills and habits necessary to succeed in college and in life after college.
- Referral assistance to campus and community services.