Graduates of the Associate Degree Nursing program must pass the national licensure exam to be a registered nurse (NCLEX-RN). Employment opportunities are at an all-time high in West Virginia and nationwide.
- Registered nurses constitute the largest healthcare occupation, with 2.4 million jobs.
- More new jobs are expected to be created for registered nurses than for any other occupation.
- Job opportunities are expected to be excellent.
- Almost 3 out of 5 jobs are in hospitals, in inpatient and outpatient departments. Others work in offices of physicians, outpatient clinics, nursing care facilities, home healthcare services, employment services, government agencies, and outpatient care centers.
- Graduates of the Associate Degree Nursing program who are licensed as registered nurses can continue their education in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.