Students who enter the Art Education program at Fairmont State University will be have a number of exciting specialized classes in addition to their general studies requirements.
18 semester hours are required for a minor in studio art.
Choose six hours of Art History courses, and twelve hours of studio work courses (pre-requisite required).
18 Semester hours are required for a minor in art history
Required (6 hrs):
- Design I: 2D (3 hrs)
- Foundations of Drawing (3 hrs)
Students may select 12 hours from classes in gallery management, and art history in the following periods: "Prehistory to 1450"; "1450-1750"; "1750-1950" and "Since 1950".
Award winning group of artists, faculty, and scholars
Requirements for Admission to Teacher Education
- Earn a minimum quality point average of 2.75 overall, 2.75 in each teaching specialization and 2.75 in all professional education classes.
- Complete Early Field Experience COMMUNITY Early Field Experience PDS requirements.
- Achieve acceptable scores on the Core Academic Skills for Educators Test (CORE).
- Complete EDUC 2200 (Introduction to Education) and EDUC 2201 (Instructional Technology) with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete the Teacher Education Application form in Taskstream.
- Be approved by the Teacher Education Selection Committee.