Depending upon student objectives and qualifications, the following student organizations are available for membership:
- Delta Mu Delta is an international honor society dedicated to recognizing business administration students who have distinguished themselves academically and faculty members and business leaders who have experienced measurable success in their profession. Delta Mu Delta was founded in 1913 by five professors from Harvard, Yale, and New York University and is the highest national recognition a business student can earn. Kappa Omicron chapter at Fairmont State University was established May 2, 2006.
- The Falcon Financial Group is a student organization designed to provide students with a better understanding of the field of finance by providing opportunities for interaction between finance students and practicing professionals, through educational field trips, and practical investment management experience with an actual portfolio.
- The Information Systems Student Organization (ISSO) has as its main goal the promoting of knowledge of information systems throughout the College campus and the surrounding community. Members and affiliates have opportunities to further their knowledge of information systems through seminars, lectures, luncheons, internships, mentor programs, and other networking opportunities. Technology is used to facilitate communication and research items in this fast and ever-changing field.
- In the Student Accountant Society (SAS) accounting majors and other interested students interact to promote leadership, scholarship, and character. The organization is dedicated to arranging opportunities for student development in the areas of continuing education, academic achievement, and professional standards.
SAS members pose with their boxes for Operation Christmas Child
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the largest association devoted to human resource management. It represents more than 170,000 members with chapters in 120 countries. There are over 300 student chapters nationwide.
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) is an international organization that promotes the principles of free enterprise and the concept of globalization. Its mission is to provide college students the best opportunity to make a difference and to develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills through learning, practicing, and teaching the principles of free enterprise.