Business Administration students at Fairmont State University should expect courses in accounting, management information systems, management, marketing, finance and economics. Concentrations within the Business Administration program include:
Business Administration Mission
The mission of the School of Business is to offer programs designed to develop student core competencies in accounting, management, marketing, economics, finance, information systems, and quantitative methods. Students acquire additional competencies in their chosen major field and learn to apply concepts of teamwork, communication, creative thinking, and adaptability for careers in positions of leadership in business, education, government, and industry
- Demonstrate a foundation of business knowledge and technical skills (that supports and facilitates an appreciation of lifelong professional development).
- Use critical thinking to solve complex organizational problems.
- Communicate effectively using oral, written, and electronic documentation skills.
- Conceptual understanding of the overall context of international business and the ability to link theory to practice.
- Assess the implications of personal value, legal, ethical and social issues of individual and organizational business activities.
A Business Administration degree opens graduates up to a number of corporate leadership possibilities. The positions are perfect for people who are well organized, financially knowledgeable and motivated to succeed. Career titles for Business Administration graduates include:
- General and operations manager
- Chief financial officer
- Chief sustainability officer
- Chief information officer
- Chief operating officer