The Teaching and Learning Commons (or just the “TLC” for short) is the division of the Office of Information Technology that deals directly with the campus community.
We are located in room 126 of the Library and offer a variety of services specific to the students of Fairmont State University.
From our Help Desk, we offer telephone, walk-in, and live chat support to assist the campus community during regular business hours (8:00 am to 4:00 pm). To reach us, just call 367-4810. We also offer some evening and weekend hours. Please call for availability.
The Help Desk staff can help remove malware from your personally owned computers, assist getting your devices (computers as well tablets and smartphones) connected to our network, and offer many other services.
Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities to repair your personal hardware, but we will assist you in diagnosing your problems and provide you with all your options.
- Free campus-wide wireless connectivity to our network and to the internet. Residence Halls also have free wired access.
- Free technical support (phone, walk-in, email, and live chat).
- Free anti-virus software.
- Support for XBox, Wii, and PlayStation game consoles in the Residence Halls.
- Open access computer labs and cloud access to lab software.
- Student email account and online file storage.
- Free mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.