To be considered for admission, an applicant from abroad must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Applicant must sign all forms and submit completed application for admission with all supporting documentation.
2. Applicant must have completed a satisfactory program of secondary school studies equivalent to an American high school. An officially certified English translation of high school transcripts or college transcripts, if applicable, must accompany applications. In cases where high school graduation is expected after the application deadline for admission, acceptance at Fairmont State would be given to the prospective student with the understanding that the student successfully complete the necessary academic requirements and submit proof of graduation. Photo copies will not be accepted.
3. Applicant must submit officially notarized proof of financial support. A sponsor affidavit form is located in the last section of the application for admission form.
Each applicant is required to provide an official detailed financial statement attesting that the sponsor will be able to support the student to the extent required. Applicant must also give evidence that in countries where there are restrictions on transfer of U.S. Dollars, such transfers will not be prevented. Fairmont State will not issue documents required for visa application unless satisfactory proof of financial support is received.
5. Applicant must submit proof of health insurance coverage prior to enrollment in classes. Applicant must also submit proof of inoculations against measles, mumps, and rubella.
6. Applicant must submit a request for campus housing. A room deposit will be required upon notification of admission.
All forms and documentation must be sent by airmail to:
Office of Admissions
Fairmont State University
1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554-2470 USA
7. Applicant must use the same complete official name with identical spelling on all forms.
Upon receipt of all required forms and documents, the Office of Admissions will review the application materials and will make admission decisions. If admission is offered, the university will send U.S. government documents necessary to apply for the appropriate visa.