It is the mission of Fairmont State University Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to assist students achieve their educational goals by promoting scholarships, grants, Federal Work Study, and loans. We understand that these opportunities are needed to make college a reality for many students. We aim to educate, assist, and inform students about the financial aid resources available to them in a student friendly atmosphere.
Tips for Students Applying for Summer:
- You must have a valid 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with FSU at the time you register. If you file the FAFSA after you register, your application will be reviewed once FSU has received your FAFSA.
- You must be 'Registered'. For most aid programs you must be at least half-time: Six (6) credit hours as a undergraduate students and five (5) credit hours as a graduate student.
- You must be making 'Satisfactory Academic Progress'.
- You must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and taking courses toward that program.
- Priority Deadline for Aid Processing is May 1st.
- Funds are limited typically to student loans, parent loans, private loans, and Pell Grant (if student had not utilized their maximum Pell eligibility during the fall and spring terms)
- FSU transient students (enrolled at FSU but taking classes at another institution or Studying Abroad), will need to submit a Consortium Agreement and Summer Aid Application.