The Journalism Education major at Fairmont State University is a teaching specialization for students who want to teach Journalism at the high school and middle school level (5-12).
Because the Journalism Education program is affiliated with the College of Liberal Arts and the School of Education, Health and Human Performance, Journalism Education majors have two advisors to help them successfully navigate the curriculum.
Requirements for Admission to Teacher Education
- Earn a minimum quality point average of 2.75 overall, 2.75 in each teaching specialization and 2.75 in all professional education classes.
- Complete Early Field Experience COMMUNITY Early Field Experience PDS requirements.
- Achieve acceptable scores on the Core Academic Skills for Educators Test (CORE).
- Complete EDUC 2200 (Introduction to Education) and EDUC 2201 (Instructional Technology) with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete the Teacher Education Application form in Taskstream.
- Be approved by the Teacher Education Selection Committee.