Academic Exploration Days
The Office of Admissions & Recruitment invites you and your family to explore your options at Fairmont State University. On select days throughout the regular semester, academic-based Exploration Days will be held on the main campus. Exploration Days are an excellent opportunity for families to visit and experience our campus in full-swing.
Exploration Days will begin in the morning and can be expected to wrap up early afternoon, depending on which optional services each family chooses to take advantage of. Students and their family members will attend an admissions presentation upon arrival and will enjoy complimentary lunch in our dining hall. The highlight of Exploration Days is the departmental visit, which will take place prior to lunch. The departmental visit includes an opportunity for families to meet in small groups with faculty and/or academic deans. Spending time in the academic department a student is most interested in is a significant value and will aid the student greatly in decision-making. We are also excited to offer campus and residence hall tours to those who are interested. In addition, families will be welcome after lunch to visit Enrollment Services offices (such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Housing) as needed before departing.
Families will need to park in the lower levels of the Parking Garage and walk to the Turley Student Services Center and take the elevator to the 1st Floor.
- 9:00 Arrival/Check-In in Room 106 of the Turley Student Services Center
- 9:15-9:45 Meet with an Admissions Counselor
- 10:00-11:30 Departmental Time (meet with Faculty, may sit in on Class, etc.)
- 11:30-12:15 Lunch at the Dining Hall
- 12:15-??? Optional Tour of the Campus and/or Residence Halls
- 12:15-??? Optional follow-up meetings with Admissions Office/Financial Aid/Housing