Traditionally aged students, attending at least one class on the main campus, are required to live on campus for 4 semesters, unless they apply for and receive an exemption from the Office of Residence Life.
Students can apply for exemption status if:
- You are legally married and are living with your partner. Include a copy of your marriage license.
- You are a single parent. Include a copy of your child's birth certificate.
- You have documented medical circumstances that cannot be accommodated on campus. Include a letter from your physician on office letterhead.
- You are a commuter student who lives within a driving distance of 50-miles of the Fairmont campus, and are living in the home of a parent or legal guardian. Included a letter from parent or guardian with a full permanent address.
- You are twenty-one years of age or older. Include a copy of driver's license or birth certificate to verify age.
How to apply for exemption:
If one of these categories applies to you, and you would like to apply for exemption status, please follow the exemption application steps outlined below!
To apply for exemption:
- Log into myCampus and look at the toolbar on the left side. There should be a black housing icon labeled "Housing".
- Click on the black housing icon. It will take you to the housing application welcome screen. In the upper left hand corner there are two options- "Home" and "Application". Choose "Application".
- "Exemption Application 2013-2014" will be in the list of options. Follow the step by step directions. Do not forget to provide documentation.
If you have questions or you have a special circumstance not outlined above , please call the Residence Life office at (304) 367-4216, or visit our office located in 303 Turley Student Services Center.