May 20 - May 31, 2019
Hours after this date may change so, please check back for more information
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 4:00pm
Suite 218, Turley Student Services Center
Contact your Assigned Advisor before your window opens to schedule an advising appointment, during which you will be given the new five-digit PIN Code you must have in order to schedule classes (and which is different every semester).
Finding Your Advisor
1. Visit the homepage and access the Quick Links menu
2. Select and log-In to myFairmontState or Pierpont Portal (depending on your institution)
3. FSU Students – Select Returning Users then select Felix icon; Pierpont Students – Select FELIX and log-in
5. After selecting the Felix icon, the Felix – Account Notifications screen may appear. If it appears, take a moment to review the notifications. Once the notifications have been reviewed, select Continue.
6. Select Student & Financial Aid
7. Select Student Records
8. Select View Student Information
9. Select the appropriate term and click Submit. If you do not see an advisor listed, contact the dean of your Academic school/college.
Note: if you change your major, your advisor information should change within 24 hours of when the major change was processed.
10. Go to the homepage
Preparing for Your Advising Meeting
Consider reviewing the academic catalog under which you enrolled and/or the model schedule you may have been given at that time. You may also find it helpful to review the list of currently available courses by logging-in to myFairmontState or Pierpont Portal and performing a class search within FELIX. Simply select the term for which you are registering and then refine your search by not only campus location, but also subject area.
Also make a note in advance of each question you have, as well as all obligations (such as work schedule) which may conflict with your class schedule – having this information in front of you during the meeting will ensure that all factors are taken into consideration and nothing is overlooked. Checking all of these items off of your list pre-meeting will make certain that you can stick with the schedule you the first time.