Phone: (304) 367-4141
|Monday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
Fairmont State University
1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554
A facet of the First Year Experience (FYE) initiative at Fairmont State, the required FYE Passport Program is intentionally designed to ensure that first-year students meet goals and outcomes that are critical to student development and success.
Students will participate in a minimum of five total Passport Activities, one for each of the FYE outcomes outlined below.
1. Students need to download the Guidebook app, a comprehensive FYE resource guide that is integral to completing the FYE Passport. Students can download the guide at www.guidebook.com/g/fyepassport. Don't have a smartphone? Check-out and use the guide on the web at http://guidebook.com/guide/125951.
2. Students will need to select at least one activity from each outcome track and add it to their schedule within Guidebook. This is how the Office of Student Success will track their participation with the FYE Passport program.
3. Once the student has attended the activity they selected, they will submit a reflection within 72 hours of attendance. The student can submit their reflection within the guidebook app or at this website: https://www.fairmontstate.edu/studentservices/retention/passport-reflection-submission.
1. View the FYE Passport Activity Menu (linked above) and note the activities you would like to attend (one from each outcome category).
2. Submit an Action Plan at www.fairmontstate.edu/studentservices/retention/first-year-experience-program-action-plan to let us know which activity you intend on participating in for seating purposes and tracking of participation.
3. Add the activities you chose to your personal calendar.
4. Once the student has attended the activity they selected, they will submit a reflection within 72 hours of attendance. The student can submit their reflection at this website: https://www.fairmontstate.edu/studentservices/retention/passport-reflection-submission.
All participants are welcome to connect with Passport manager in the Office of Student Success as follows for questions, verification, etc.