This process is to be used for concerns about disability accommodations. This includes concerns regarding delivery of classroom and testing accommodations. Academic issues, separate from accommodations are to be resolved with the instructor and/or the appropriate immediate supervisor.
- The accommodation related concern should be filed in writing containing the name of the faculty/staff and the nature of the complaint within 30 (thirty) days of the alleged violation. (See form)
- The student should make an appointment with the Director Disability Services to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions.
- If the student has not registered with the Office of Disability Services and documentation of the student's disability has not been received, or the student has not provided the instructor in question with an accommodation letter, no further action will be taken.
- The Director of Disability Services will review the complaint and any documentation related to the complaint and respond to the student in writing within 30 (thirty) days of receiving the complaint.
- Any timeliness established in these procedures may be waived by mutual written consent.
** NOTE: Nothing in this procedure prevents individuals who believe that they have a grievance under the ADA from contacting the West Virginia Human Rights Commission, Equal Opportunity Commission or the U.S. Department of Justice.