Immediately upon becoming a Fairmont State Theatre program (a minor is also available), students are involved with main stage or studio productions. Follow the lead of our experienced and professional faculty members to hone your skills as an artist.
- Acting & Directing
- Theatrical design
- Theatre history
- Educational Theatre
Enjoy great success and unique experiences such as...
- Actors Theatre of Louisville
- Georgia Shakespeare
- Berkshire Theatre Festival
- The Shakespeare of New Jersey
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
- Southeastern Theatre Conference
- Town & Gown Players
Alpha Psi Omega
The Theatre Program at Fairmont State University is here to provide students with hands-on experience that incorporates theory and practice. Instructors focus on the liberal arts education and also foster ethically responsible, professionally-minded theatre artists to become practitioners, scholars, and educators.
- Stage production
- Camera operation
- Lighting design
- Motion pictures
- Stage management
Requirements for Admission to Theatre
- Earn a minimum quality point average of 2.75 overall, 2.75 in each teaching specialization and 2.75 in all professional education classes.
- Complete Early Field Experience COMMUNITY Early Field Experience PDS requirements.
- Achieve acceptable scores on the Core Academic Skills for Educators Test (CORE).
- Complete EDUC 2200 (Introduction to Education) and EDUC 2201 (Instructional Technology) with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete the Teacher Education Application form in Taskstream.
- Be approved by the Teacher Education Selection Committee.