Healthcare Management Minor

The School of Business and Aviation offers a 21-credit hour Minor in Healthcare Management for non-healthcare management majors. This minor is designed for students seeking a business orientation to enhance their health services professional training (nursing, community health, counseling, etc.) especially if they plan administrative or management roles in their respective career or clinical paths. 

A healthcare management minor will also benefit students majoring in accounting, finance, information systems management, marketing, or other concentrations if they desire an understanding of the healthcare environment or plan to seek careers in this field.

All courses are taught in a Hybrid-1 format where 25 percent of the course is in-class and the remaining 75 percent is completed online through Blackboard. 

Typically courses meet one time per month throughout the semester.

Healthcare Management Minor Curriculum

Course Title Credits
HCMG 2201 U.S. Healthcare Systems 3
HCMG 2221 Population Health 3
HCMG 2231 Healthcare Finance 3
HCMG 3331 Health Information Exchange* 3
HCMG 3333 Quality Management in a Regulatory Environment* 3
HCMG 4000 Managing the Post-Acute Healthcare Continuum* 3
HCMG 4400 Healthcare Policy* 3

* Pre-requisites required: HCMG 2201, 2221, and 2231

If you’d like to pursue the Healthcare Management Minor, you may fill out this Majors/Minors/Concentrations Update Form (PDF) and take it to your advisor.

For information about the program, contact:

Dr. Raymond Alvarez
Program Director, Healthcare Management
Email: Raymond.Alvarez@Fairmontstate.edu
Phone: (304) 367-4889