The Teaching & Learning Commons supports Blackboard and its related technologies. For assistance with any of these, please contact the Teaching & Learning Commons at email@example.com. You may also call 304-367-4810 option 3.
Supported Software & Tools
Service Pack 12 Information
Our current version of Blackboard is Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12. Here is some helpful information on this service pack:
Service Pack 12 Instructor Information - see the menu on the left side of the page for information on specific topics.
Blackboard Manuals & Resources:
Blackboard Learn 9.1 is our online course management systems which provides a set of tools that facilitate a web-based learning environment.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Help for Instructors Manual
- Blackboard Help for Instructors (FAQ)
- Blackboard Community Programs
- Universal Design and Accessibility
Blackboard Learn 9.1 On Demand Learning Center
Blackboard provides short, on-demand videos and resources for building content, communication, collaboration, and assessment. Each of the links below provides several helpful videos and documents.
- Understanding & Building Your Course
- Communicating & Collaborating
- Assessing Learners
- Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series (Webinars)
Publisher Content Assistance
Blackboard Learn 9.1 Tutorials
- Add Test Student
- Copying Course Content
- Copying Items Between Courses
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Getting Started with the Course Environment
- Getting Started with a Course Moved From Vista 8
- Helpful Links
- "Hidden Links" Solution for Unavailable Content error message
- Integrating Web 2.0 Tools
- Vista to Learn Comparison
- Getting Started with Groups
- Getting Started with Interactive Tools
- Getting Started with Journal Prompts
- Calculating Weighted Grades Using Categories
- Calculating Weighted Grades Using Total Columns
- Getting Started with Auto Regrading
- Getting Started with the Grade Center
- Getting Started with Needs Grading
For additional information regarding Blackboard Learn 9.1, click here.
Other Helpful Links:
StudyMate Class, a companion tool to Respondus, is a tool which can be used to create learning objects, practice quizzes and unscored exams.
- Download StudyMate Author (.exe file)
- StudyMate Installation Instructions
- StudyMate Author Quick Start Guide
- StudyMate Author Full User Guide
- StudyMate Class Instructor Quick Start Guide
- StudyMate Class Full User Guide
StudyMate Author Update Patch Instructions - Please install
this patch to resolve performance issues with Bb Learn 9.1
StudyMate Class Demo Video (requires Adobe Flash Player)
Respondus is a software tool which can be used to create quizzes and exams offline in the Windows environment and then be printed or published directly to Blackboard Vista.
- Download Respondus (.exe file 8mb)
- Download Installation Instructions
- Importing Exams to Blackboard
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Test Bank Network Instructions
- Respondus Update Patch instructions - Please install this patch to resolve performance issues with Bb Learn 9.1
Respondus 4.0 Demo Videos (require Adobe Flash Player)
Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
- Download Respondus LockDown Browser
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Using Passwords with LockDown Browser
LockDown Browser Demo Video (requires Adobe Flash Player)
Safe Assign by Blackboard
The Safe Assign plagiarism tool makes it easy to identify students who submit unoriginal work, and also acts as a powerful deterrent to stop plagiarism before it starts.
Turning Technologies - Student Response System (Clickers)
Student response technology is an effective tool that helps facilitate pedagogical best practices and enhance student learning.
ConnectYard - Emergency Text Messages & Communication
This guide was designed to help with the formatting of syllabuses, course descriptions, outlines, etc., for Blackboard documents. These are basic HTML codes that will allow you to easily format a document to be viewed over the Internet