Anyone interested in learning how to harness the power of eBay to put more money in their pockets can attend a one-day seminar to help them make the most of the popular Internet sales venue.
Offered by the Fairmont State Community & Technical College Center for Workforce Education, the hands-on workshop will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, May 21. A certified eBay Education Specialist will teach participants how to do the following:
* Do research and create listings that will attract buyers.
* Enhance listings with better descriptions and photography.
* Set pricing that will maximize profits.
* Open and use a PayPal account to simplify getting paid.
* Monitor sales to know exactly what's working and what's not.
* Avoid many of the costly mistakes that new eBay sellers may make.
This seminar will be held at the FSC&TC Center for Workforce Education, Veterans Square, 320 Adams St., Suite G01, Fairmont. The cost for the all-day program is $75.
To register, call (304) 367-4920. Seating is limited, and pre-registration is required. For more information on all the non-credit training programs that are offered at the Center for Workforce Education, visit www.pierpont.edu/ce.