The West Virginia United Soccer Club (WVUSC) of Morgantown will host U.S. Youth Soccer Association regional league matches at Duvall-Rosier Field at Fairmont State University on Saturday and Sunday, March 2 and 3.
The Region 1 Colonial League is a United States Youth Soccer Association regional league that includes very high level “club” teams from Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Teams from throughout the region must apply and be accepted to participate in the league. Many of the players competing in this weekend’s games will move on to college soccer.
Two WVUSC teams will be participating: the Elite U15 Girls and the Shox U17 Girls. Both have participated in the league in previous seasons. Both the Elite and Shox teams have players from Fairmont: Avery Towns with Elite and Ivy Nucilli and Gabi Mascaro for Shox.
The following teams are participating in the regional league games: WV United Soccer Club Elite – Morgantown; Maryland Rush – Montgomery County, Md.; Arlington Travel Soccer Rowdies Red – Arlington, Va.; Freedom Soccer Club X-Treme – Sykesville, Md.; WV United Soccer Club Shox – Morgantown; Arlington Travel Soccer Flames – Arlington, Va.; Foothills Soccer Club Lightning – Youngwood, Pa.; WC United Soccer Club Predators – West Chester, Pa.
Admission is free and open to the public for these matches. For more information about WVUSC, visit www.wvunitedsoccer.com.
The schedule for the matches is as follows:
Saturday, March 2:
- 11:30 a.m.: U15: WVUSC Elite vs. MRM Rush
- 1:20 p.m.: U15: ATS Rowdies Red vs. FSC X-treme
- 3:10 p.m.: U17: WCUSC Predators vs. WVUSC Shox
- 5 p.m.: U15: FSC X-treme vs. MRM MD Rush
- 6:50 p.m.: U17: Arlington Flames vs. Foothills Lightning
Sunday, March 3:
- 8 a.m.: U15: WVUSC Elite vs. ATS Rowdies Red
- 9:50 a.m.: U17: WCUSC Predators vs. Foothills Lightning
- 11:40 a.m.: U17: Arlington Flames vs. WVUSC Shox