You must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours to be eligible for loan assistance.
All loans are made in two equal disbursements based on your enrollment pattern. For example, if you will be attending fall & spring terms, you would receive one disbursement in fall & one in spring. If you plan to graduate in December, you would be a 'fall only' student and your first disbursement would be at the beginning of the fall term with the second disbursed around mid term.
All new borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling prior to disbursement. As you withdraw or graduate, you are required to complete Exit Counseling. Both requirements can be completed at www.studentloans.gov
* A federally funded student loan based on financial eligibility as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* If eligible, $20,500 may be borrowed yearly up to the cost of attendance; a maximum of $8,500 on the subsidized program. Total amount that may be borrowed is $138,500, which includes undergraduate borrowing; $65,500 is the maximum allowable on the subsidized program.
* This is a variable rate loan capped at 8.25%. The student borrower is responsible for the interest which accrues while enrolled on unsubsidized loans. The federal government pays the interest for students whose loans are subsidized.
* Repayment begins six months after you graduate or cease to be a half time student with a minimum payment of $50 or higher based on the aggregate total of your loans.
Fairmont State is pleased to provide this student aid calculator to assist you in estimating your costs to attend FSU. Results are based on 2016-2017 Cost of Attendance figures and student aid eligibility requirements which are subject to change. These results should assist you in determining an estimate of your out-of-pocket expense to attend Fairmont State.
Monday - Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Office of Financial Aid
Turley Student Services Center
Room 303 Phone: (800) 641-5678, Opt. 2
(304) 367-4141 Fax: (304) 367-4789 FinancialAid@FairmontState.edu
When filling out your FAFSA, use 003812 as the school code