- Students and graduates shall, to varying degrees, be competent in applying academic competencies and methodologies in addressing and solving problems as a professional.
- Students and graduates shall, to varying degrees, be competent in using learned technical and non-technical methodologies to communicate to audiences of varying demographics.
- Students and graduates shall, to varying degrees, be competent in ethically and respectfully performing professional responsibilities as part of a team and or multidisciplinary team.
- Students and graduates shall, to varying degrees, be competent in recognizing and assessing the societal and global impact of professional decisions and practices.
- Students and graduates shall, to varying degrees, be competent in pursuing lifelong learning through professional development.
- Students shall master and apply current knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines including mathematics and science.
- Students shall identify, analyze and improve technical processes including experimental verification.
- Students shall apply creativity in the design of systems, components or processes appropriate to program objectives including working on teams and communicating effectively
- Students shall prepare for the ability to engage in lifelong learning, a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Students shall demonstrate an awareness of professional, ethical and social responsibilities, including a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues.
- Students shall solve complex problems utilizing discipline specific expertise.
ANNUAL STUDENT ENROLLMENT AND GRADUATION DATA
Each year Fairmont State University collects information that is helpful to students wishing to pursue educational programs. This Office of Institutional Assessment and Effectiveness provides accurate and timely information to support decision making and institutional effectiveness efforts. Common data sets include:
- Student Enrollments Counts by Degree, Major, and Concentration,
- Graduate Counts by Degree, Major, and Concentration, and
- Student Demographics
Students are encouraged to review the above material for all of the Engineering Technology programs by going to the Institutional Data & Reports.