OFF-CAMPUS USE OF COLLEGE PROPERTY
All college property and equipment are the property of the State of West Virginia entrusted to the college for official use. This is true regardless of the original source of funding for the equipment, whether it be appropriated funds, special account funds, student fees, grant funds or other sources. College property and equipment are intended to be used in the operation of the college and is ordinarily restricted to that use. In special circumstances, and on a limited basis, it may be loaned to non-college groups if it is not needed for college purposes at that time. Such use is limited to educational purposes by state policy and use for partisan, political or sectarian purposes is prohibited.
Application for the off-campus use of college equipment for non-college purposes must be made in writing to the Vice President for Finance and Administration several weeks in advance of the proposed date of use. The application shall include the following:
1. The name of the sponsoring organization.
2. The name of the person who will be financially responsible for the equipment.
3. A specific list of the equipment requested.
4. A precise statement of the purpose of the event for which the equipment will be used.
5. The dates for desired usage.
6. Location of the proposed usage.
7. Proposed arrangements for the transportation of the equipment.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration will present the request to the Facilities Administration Council which shall review the application, approve or disapprove it, determine if a fee is to be charged for the use of the equipment and, if such fee is to be charged, establish the amount.