POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR THE PRINTING SERVICE
1. Fairmont State College provides printing and duplicating services through the Department of Printing Services and through a duplicating service in Hardway Hall. Duplicating is available in various other locations on campus.
2. The Department of Printing Services is the responsibility of the Manager of Printing Services who reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
3. The printing of all items requiring more than two hundred copies and all specialized printing is handled by Printing Services.
4. The following procedures shall be followed:
a. Requests for printing services shall be submitted to Printing Services. A request form is provided which must include the proper account numbers for billing purposes.
b. A minimum of four working days must be allowed for delivery on ordinary jobs. Orders requiring extensive typesetting and bindery operations (i.e. collating, folding, stapling, trimming, plastic binding, etc.) may take an additional two weeks. Orders will be delivered when completed.
c. All printing requests dealing with items which are to be sold to students in the FSC Bookstore should be submitted to Printing Services in accordance with the following schedule:
DATE THAT ITEM IS TO BE AVAILABLE DATE BY WHICH PRINTING REQUEST FOR THE ITEM
TO STUDENTS IN THE FSC BOOKSTORE MUST BE SUBMITTED TO PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICE
Fall Semester Use April 30
Spring Semester Use September 30
1st Summer Term January 31
2nd Summer Term March 31
PLEASE ALLOW 90 DAYS FOR BOOKSTORE RESALE ITEMS NEEDED AT TIMES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED ABOVE.
NOTE: PLEASE USE BOOKSTORE RESALE ACCOUNT NUMBERS WHEN COMPLETING PRINTING REQUEST FORMS FOR ITEMS SOLD IN BOOKSTORE.
d. Spending units will be billed on a monthly basis for printing.
5. The duplicating service handles duplication orders up to two hundred copies. Any order which it cannot handle is referred to the print shop. It is under the supervision of the Vice President for Finance and Administration. Spending units are billed monthly for duplicating services.
6. Printing and duplicating services are provided for official college business only. When such services are performed for student organizations or college-related educational organizations, the organizations are billed accordingly.
7. The Director of Public Relations reviews, in advance of printing, the copy for all college publications intended for off-campus distribution with the exception of the student newspaper, yearbook, art and literary magazine, and college catalog and supplements. Publications printed on and off campus are included. This review is intended to insure that publications contain accurate information in the overall context of college policies, regulations, and procedures, and do not violate existing copyright laws or other legitimate regulations.