What to Bring
- Alarm clock
- Rainwear and umbrella
- Room decorations
- Bathrobe, shower shoes, shower caddy, towels, and washcloths
- Prescribed medications
- Two sets of linens (mattresses are 36” x 80” or ‘XL Twin’), blankets and pillow
- Headphones or Earbuds
- Surge Protectors
- School supplies and a backpack
What you May Want to Bring
- Mini Refrigerator (Maximum Size is 4.2 Cubic Feet) Students may rent a micro-fridge for their room by going to: MyFridgeRental.com. The fridge will be delivered to his/her room prior to move-in day.
- Coffee mugs and plastic cups
- Extra lamp and stackable crates
- Portable audio devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
- Keurig or any single cup coffee brewer.
- Overnight bag for weekend trips
- Moving cart/dolly to make move-in easier
- Clothing hangers
Items Not Permitted
For health and safety reasons the following items are not permitted in student rooms. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the item being confiscated and will be considered a student conduct/disciplinary matter.
- Free weights over 20 lbs (All weights less than 20lbs must be housed on a mat)
- Electric devices such as a hot plate, toasters, ovens, popcorn popper, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, electric grills, portable heaters, sandwich makers, crock pots, etc.
- Alcohol, drugs, alcohol or drug paraphernalia, empty alcohol containers
- Microwaves (unless you have rented a Micro-Fridge Unit through our contract)
- Any open-flame object (e.g., candles or incense) and candle warmers
- Drums, amplification equipment for stereos, electric guitars, etc.
- Weapons or Fireworks (see policy)
- Gasoline, lighter fluid, charcoal grills, or any combustible, explosive, or flammable material
- Pets of any kind, except for a fish in tank (no more than 10 gallons)
- Supplies used to stack or loft beds
- Paintball, BB, or pellet guns
- Wireless routers (routers are permitted if the wireless feature is disabled)
- Extension cords or multi-receptacle outlets
- Motor bikes, Segways, etc.
- Decorations attached to light fixtures, sprinklers, smoke detectors, etc.
- Any item hung outside the window.
- Christmas lights
This list is not comprehensive. The Office of Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to ask students to remove items that are considered unsafe or disruptive to the community.