Society of Sponsors of the United States Navy and Marines Centennial Scholarship Program
- The Centennial Scholarship is offered to Iraq-Afghanistan combat wounded veterans who have an Associate Degree or equivalent credits and are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or university/college courses beyond a Bachelor’s Degree, leading to teacher licensure.
- The Society will support individuals who pursue a career in education, by making available five $3,000 annual scholarships for “education related” expenses.
Veterans of Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) and Iraqi Freedom Scholarship
- $2,500 scholarships are offered to active-duty and honorably discharged U.S. military veterans, including Reservists and National Guard personnel, of the Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) or Iraqi Freedom operations actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in an eligible major at accredited two - or four -year institutions in the United States.
Disabled War Veterans Scholarship
- $2,500 Scholarship
- active-duty service personnel, honorably discharged U.S. military veterans, reservists, and National Guard personnel who are disabled because of wounds received during active-duty combat service in Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan or Iraqi Freedom Operations.
- Candidates must be majoring in the following or C4I-related fields of electrical, aerospace, systems or computer engineering; computer engineering technology; computer network systems; information systems security; computer information systems; information systems management; technology management; electronics engineering technology; computer science; physics; mathematics; or science or mathematics education. Majors directly related to the support of U.S. intelligence or national security enterprises with relevance to the mission of AFCEA will also be eligible.
Dependents and Spouses
MGST John Fry Scholarship
- For children of service members who die in the line of duty after 9/11/01. May receive up to the highest public, in state undergraduate tuition and fees, plus a monthly living stipend and book allowance.
- Scholarships for Military Children
Army Emergency Relief's MG James Ursano Scholarship Program
- Dependents under the age of 23, unmarried, and in DEERS
- Stateside Spouse Education Assistance Program (SSEAP)
Please spend time visiting our Scholarship page. It has information on all the great scholarship opportunities our campus and the Fairmont State Foundation offer students and details on the application process.