Admission will be competitive and based upon undergraduate grade point average (GPA) and required GMAT or GRE scores. Admission requires:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale or 3.0 on the last 60 hours attempted
- Receipt of GMAT or GRE scores
Students applying to the School of Business must meet the minimum requirements for graduate study. Applicants who do not meet all minimum admission criteria may be admitted provisionally by applying at least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience as an additional measure.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is designed to prepare students to apply concepts and principles offered in the various business disciplines to the responsibilities of management in a variety of endeavors. The program is designed for both business and non-business undergraduate majors.
Students who satisfy admission criteria and complete the MBA Essentials prerequisite course will require thirty-six (36) graduate credit hours to meet degree requirements. Of these, twenty-four (24) hours will consist of required business core courses covering functional areas of business such as business law, economics, finance and accounting, marketing, information systems, technology, research, and analysis. Students have an opportunity to take twelve credits of general electives or the student may choose a customized MBA, in which the student chooses one of two specialized tracks in Human Resources Management or Project Management.
The program is intended to serve the needs of the state with particular focus on the needs of employers in North Central West Virginia. Organizations such as the FBI, NASA, DOE, NIOSH, Mylan, the local hospitals, the WVHTC Foundation, software and biotech firms, and others in the state need employees with enhanced operations management, human resources, project management, or safety administration skills.
- Step 1 – Read Fairmont State University’s “Admission Requirements for International Students”.
- Step 2 – Read Fairmont State University’s Admission Requirements for the MBA Program (listed above) to determine if you meet admission requirements.
- Step 3 – Apply to Fairmont State University for admission to the MBA program. Apply online or download a Graduate Application.
- Step 4 – Have your undergraduate degree (i.e., bachelor’s degree) reviewed by WES (World Education Services – www.wes.org) and have your results submitted to FSU – Graduate Admissions.
- Step 5 – Take the GMAT or GRE.