Return to Information Systems Wiki
Please be sure you have logged in and posted your resume to http://www.collegecentral.com/fairmontstate/ if you are interested in an internship. Not only is this a requirement of the internship course, it is also the first place employers will look for qualified students when they need an intern. The internships below are open to any student - credit for the internship may be available provided the student meets the IS internship course prerequisites. Please see Tracie Dodson for more details.
Citinet is hiring two summer interns (Posted 04/17/08)
Position: Web Development Intern
Students should apply if they are:
- Interested in a career in web development
- Passionate about computers
- A quick learner who enjoy learning new technologies
- Ready to jump-start your career
- Citynet’s development department is responsible for maintaining and developing our internal customer developed systems, designing and developing websites and web based applications for our customers, and developing and maintaining the numerous software products we offer.
- As a paid intern within the development department, you will have an opportunity to work with our talented team of web developers to improve your skill level and learn new technologies. You’ll be responsible for developing database driven web reporting, web applications, and documentation.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or comparable
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in pursuing web development as a career following graduation
- Exposure to web design or development through classwork, volunteer activities, part time jobs, or internships.
- Preference to students entering their senior year, although all candidates will be considered.
- Interns will be located in either Bridgeport, WV or Charleston, WV
Full Posting Online:
Mylan call for professional summer interns (Posted 04/09/2008)
Mylan supports a competitive and challenging summer internship program. The program design encourages students to apply classroom theory to real-life situations. We invest substantially in this program to show our appreciation of the fresh ideas our interns continue to provide. Mylan offers internships in a variety of disciplines. These positions are open to undergraduate students, and candidates will be selected based on their skills and qualifications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have completed her/his freshman year of college and must be enrolled in college for the Fall Semester. Must possess the necessary functional/technical skills, position requirements and physical requirements necessary to complete the essential functions of the job.
Selected students should plan to start work within one week of completing their Spring Semester.
- All Professional Internship Opportunities are posted on www.mylancareers.com. Once on the Career
Opportunities page, select “College Relations” from the menu on the left for direct access to all of the internship opportunities currently available. Resumes will be screened, and qualified students will be contacted for interviews from late April to early May 2008. If you know of students interested in internship opportunities, please encourage them to apply online.
- $10.00 and up, based on internship assessment, education level and previous experience.
INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF DISCIPLINES INCLUDING::
- • Bioanalytical
- • Engineering
- • Compliance
- • Information Technology
- • International Affairs
- • Product Safety & Risk Management
- • Purchasing
- • Regulatory Affairs
- • Software Engineering
- ...and more
- APPLY ONLINE http://mylancareers.com
Raytheon is seeking a Systems Admin Intern (Posted 03/28/2008)
About the Position:
- Duration: Summer 2008
- Contact: Tracie Dodson
- Resumes: Tracie Dodson
- Skills Desired*: System Admin Interest or Experience, Some Networking, Basic Server Knowledge, Knowledge of SDLC, Basic Programming, Documentation, Teamwork
- Daily maintenance and support of UNIX and Linux servers and operating systems for our customer in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
- Responsibilities may include:
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware, operating systems and business applications.
- Set up and maintain application services such as backups (using Veritas), web browser, JDK, Apache server, BEA Weblogic, Service guard, and Nagios.
- Implement security monitoring tools, access controls, services, inspect audit logs, monitor security of the networks and investigate any attempts of security violations.
- Evaluate, install, maintain, and upgrade OS level and application software when needed
- Manage on-site network servers, equipment and disk storage devices.
- Participate in network / systems implementations projects and roll-outs.
- Other systems administration duties as directed.
- Headquarters Waltham, MA
- Web: http://www.raytheon.com
- Line of Business: Mfg Electronic Defense Communication Network Missile & Airborne Systems And Aircraft
- Company Revenue: $500M+
- Company Size: 5000+ employees
*It is understood that some interns will apply without all the desired skills and some of the responsibilities will be new skills learned on the job. Interest and desire to learn is a plus in any internship position.
Lockheed is seeking summer interns (Posted 03/28/2008)
Req ID: 55606BR
Industry Job Title: College Student Tech Sr Spec
Required skills*: Programming or computer operations experience.
Specific Job Description: Programming or computer operations experience.
Standard Job Description:
- Performs assignments in technical/engineering organizations e.g., Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering during vacations and short-term breaks from college attendance while enrolled in an accredited degree program.
Security Clearance: Secret
LMCareers Business Unit: ESS0999 ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS & SVCS
Business Area: Info & Technology Services
Department: 7436024:FBI-CJIS Sosss
Job Class: Information Technology
Job Category: Co-op/Summer Intern
State: West Virginia
Relocation Available: No
Req Type: Summer Intern