Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College students, alumni and members of the community interested in employment in the field of education are invited to meet with representatives at the annual Education Networking Event. Those who graduated in December 2010 or plan to graduate in May 2011 with Education or Early Childhood degrees are especially encouraged to attend.
The Office of Career Services is sponsoring the event, which will be held on Tuesday, March 29, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Falcon Center, Third Floor conference rooms. Eighteen school districts and education-related businesses, from Virginia and West Virginia, are currently registered to attend the 2011 Education Networking Event.
“The Networking Event is an open forum allowing candidates to gather career and employment related information from employers,” said Tina Stuart, Career Services Technician. “Candidates will have the opportunity to submit their resumes for interview consideration. At the employers’ discretion, interviews may be conducted at the time of the event, so participants are encouraged to please come with plenty of resumes and a positive attitude. Possibilities will be endless, and we encourage all to attend this great opportunity.”
Visit the Career Services web site at http://www.fairmontstate.edu/studentaffairs/career-services or http://www.pierpont.edu/studentaffairs/career-services and click on 2011 Education Networking Event for an up-to-date list of participating schools and their profiles or call Career Services at (304) 367-4214.
The following is the current list of employers that will be attending the Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College 2011 Education Networking Event:
- Berkeley County Schools, Martinsburg
- Boone County Schools, Madison
- Clay County Schools, Clay
- Fayette County Board of Education, Fayetteville
- Harrison County Schools, Clarksburg
- Kanawha County Schools, Charleston
- WV Schools for the Deaf and Blind, Romney
- Lasting Impressions, Clarksburg
- Morgan County Schools, Berkeley Springs
- Orange County Public Schools, Orange, Va.
- Pendleton County Public Schools, Franklin
- Pocahontas County Schools, Marlinton
- Tyler County Public School District, Middlebourne
- U.S. Peace Corps, Arlington, Va.
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston
- Wood County Schools, Parkersburg
- WV Birth to Three, Clarksburg
- WVU Child Learning Center, Morgantown