Fairmont State will not tolerate, in any manner, any sexual assault on campus or at any campus related facility. We strive to maintain a safe environment for all persons who participate in any Fairmont State activity. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Fairmont State provides counseling to sexual assault survivors as well as family and friends of survivors.
- Counseling services are free of charge.
- Appointments are made by phone ((304) 367-4792) or in person.
- Regular hours of operation of the Counseling Center are (7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday.) 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Friday).
- Counselors will also provide advocacy, information and answer general questions regarding the criminal justice system and provide resources for more specific information.
Upon request, Fairmont State can refer individuals to:
- local counseling and mental health agencies
- medical offices
- women's shelters
- self-defense classes
- law offices
- and appropriate police agencies.
Counseling After Hours
If crisis counseling is required after hours, counselors are available on a 24-hour basis.
Phone Campus Security first at (304) 367-4157.
An individual can also contact the Hope Inc. Domestic Violence Center in Fairmont at (304) 367-1100.
The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network Hotline, 1-800-656-HOPE (4673), is a national 24-hour hotline that can be accessed anywhere in the United States.