Menacing behavior is expressing or showing an intention to inflict injury or damage upon someone or something.
- Call Campus Police at (304) 367-4357.
- Have someone else call if you are unable to do so.
- Provide the address, location, and all possible details to the dispatcher.
- De-escalate the situation if possible; if not possible, get to a safe place.
- Do not provoke or become involved in the disruptive behavior.
- Do not argue, yell, or joke with the individual.
- Limit eye contact with the individual.
- Stay out of arm’s reach of the individual.
- Do not touch the person.
- If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows. Remain inside.
- Do not allow menacing behavior to go unreported. Alert the Campus Police Department.
Refer to the Shooting Incident section of this Crisis Management guide if the individual begins using a weapon or gunshots are fired.