The following regulations regarding posters, signs and public notices of any type have been established:
1. Posters, signs, and public notices of any type may be displayed only on the bulletin boards provided for that purpose. No such notices may be displayed on any internal or external walls, doors, windows, or any other surfaces.
2. No commercial notices may be posted on the campus.
3. Special exterior signs which announce activities of a campus-wide nature may be displayed upon receipt of approval from the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs. These announcements generally include student government sponsored activities, platform speakers, major musical concerts, college dramatic productions and varsity athletic events. Unusual requests will be referred to the Facilities Administration Council by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
Guidelines for the posting of special exterior signs:
1. Signs must be in good taste.
2. Signs must be removed by 4 p.m. the day after the activity(ies) has (have) concluded. An assessment for the removal of signs will be charged to the sponsoring organization if it fails to remove signs by the next day.
3. Request to display signs should be submitted to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs ten days in advance of the scheduled activity.
4. Request should:
a. be accompanied by a description of the sign to be displayed, including size, wording to be used, etc.
b. include desired location(s). Generally accepted locations are:
c. include how signs will be secured to the location. To ensure safety to students and to limit property damage the Director of Facilities will oversee this aspect.